Currency Exchange Rate

44.88 PHP against 1 USD God this should really be something good. Our Philippine peso has risen to its all time high against the US dollars and I think this is the time for every Filipino to rejoice and praise our governments efforts in making such a task happen. Unfortunately I as an overseas Filipino worker who is busting my ass out in earning here in the dessert cannot feel any benefit from it but rather felt the harshness and burden it has inflicted to many OFW’s like me.

Consider these facts that many if not all OFW faces, in order for us to send 20000 PHP we need to increase the usual amount that we are sending to our family in order to fill the gap, otherwise our family will suffer the consequences. Why you might ask? Because prices of the most basic commodities in the Philippines remains as high as the sky. So the poor OFW will have to scoff off more money to provide thereby sacrificing another meryenda time as if we are having any meryenda at all.

I am not against the peso gaining more power over the dollar but for God’s sake and the sake of my fellow OFW’s , try to do something for us to feel the positive effect of it and not bludgeon us more with hardship that it brings. It is mentally, spiritually and emotionally heavy for a single Pinoy worker to leave the Philippines and now you add up the Physical aspect to it. If I will quote the WHO definition of health then I don’t think that there’s a single Pinoy that we can call healthy.

I have no idea about economics and thank God that the president is an economist; unfortunately she is a bitch as well when it comes to telling the truth and really doing something for the country. Like what archbishop Oscar Cruz said “words are only good as long as the one saying them is not only trustworthy and credible, but also capable of making them realities” So how can I say that my economy is strong wherein I feel the full force of it adding to the burden that I already carry in my back.

I have talked to my friend James Ledesma about my idea of making a blog on letting up on hitting Gloria Arroyo and just let her do her job for the rest of her term, but my friends, like what they say “ang tiwala pag minsan mo nang sinira eh mahihirapan ka nang ibalik” I’m not saying it cannot be returned but the way things are going, I think the devil incarnate president is adding up insult to the already injured Filipino people.

Hear my cry cause I know it is the cry of many OFW, we are already down on our knees in a foreign land; try not to add more to it. After all a piece of bread still cost 3 riyals here no matter what happens to the peso. Strengthen the Philippine peso but make sure to adjust what needs to be adjusted in order to empower the people and not only the statistics that Gloria is bragging about.

Jai Guru Deva Om

Comments

Popular Posts